CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2002

From:
"Donnelly, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2002 07:54:06 -0700

Liu;

It is just optics.

For example for a 1.4 NA objective the Z resolution is 1.7 of the X-Y resolution; therefore, an object will never appear to be as small in Z as it is in X-Y.

This problem is exacerbated if you have spherical aberration caused by refractive index mismatches.

Regards,

Tom

 Tom Donnelly          Applied Precision, LLC
 Biotechnology Group   1040 12th Ave. N.W.
 (425)313-4549         Issaquah, WA 98027-8929
 (425)557-1055 fax     [log in to unmask] http://www.api.com/products/bio/deltavision.html