CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2011

From:
"Boswell, Carl A - (cboswell)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 09:48:14 -0800
Hi Tim,
The spectral website: http://www.spectra.arizona.edu/ will show you specifically what the "efficiency" of absorbance is for any dye you might be considering.  Simply place the cursor over the curve at any wavelength to find out the relative absorbance.  This can be used to roughly pre-test dyes vs. excitation sources so you have a rational basis for considering which laser might do what you need.
Good luck.

Carl A. Boswell
520-954-7053