CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2009

From:
Peter Pitrone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 2009 15:36:31 +0100
Hello Jens,

You would need a large amount of pixels to digitally resolve your
images with such low magnification, and a large chip to collect light
from fluorescence. That is a difficult thing to find. One interesting
color imaging technique is made by a company called Foveon: http://
www.foveon.com/ They make a 14 megapixel 3 layer CMOS chip (called
Foveon X3) that is 21x14 mm, that might be useful to you in this
regard. Here is a link to the PDF: http://www.foveon.com/files/
F13_image_sensor_Product_Flier_RevD.pdf

I have no affiliation with the company, and have not even tried it
out, but am intrigued by the technology.

You could also get a normal monochrome CCD Camera with an electronic
LCD trigger, like Diagnostic Instruments SPOT RT Slider from Visitron
GmbH or QImaging Regina with a trigger from Chromaphor.

Same disclaimer as above.

Good luck on your search!

Pete