CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2007

From:
Gerard Whoriskey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2007 09:02:52 -0500

Hi Glen,
The argument for LED systems is very strong on reliability and operational
costs and is continually improving with regard to performance, measured in
choice of wavelengths and intensity.
I assume that in your confocal set-up you are only using the mercury based
bulb system to check and align samples and that you only need excitation
regions that match the laser lines you are using. An LED system that you
can switch on and off as you please is ideal for such applications and a
very cost effective replacement to bulbs.
Commercial bit:
We have only recently included 445nm and 505nm options to our range. Now
users can choose from 7 options of 400nm, 445nm, 465nm, 505nm, 525nm,
595nm, and 635nm.
I will contact you directly with more commercial information.

Best Regards,

Gerry

Gerard Whoriskey
Development Engineer