CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2004

From:
"tom bellamy (BI)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:16:11 -0000

Hello.
I am trying to expand patch clamp experiments to include simultaneous
confocal imaging. I have a Noran Oz confocal at my disposal, and need to
buy an upright microscope to fix it to. The Olympus BX51WI and the Nikon
E600FN seem to be suitable systems for my electrophysiology needs (whole
cell recording from cerebellar slices). Does anyone out there have
experience of confocal imaging with these scopes? A possible limitation
is the need to resolve low amplitude short-lived Ca++ transients through
an AMPA receptor (tau ~ 40 ms).
Any advice appreciated,

Tom Bellamy

Dr Tomas C Bellamy