CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2003

From:
Russell McConnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 12:52:54 -0400

One more thing to keep in mind is that the scan head configuration also
plays into it.  Depending on where the PMT's are located, one of them
receives the light 'directly' from the prism system, whereas the other
PMT's are getting their light bounced off of the mirrors that control
the spectral window for that first PMT (is usually PMT 2 I believe).  Of
course mirror losses should be fairly minimal, so this is probably not
the only factor here.  I do think it is pretty important however.
-Russell

--
Russell McConnell
Confocal Imaging Facility Manager