CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2000

From:
David Knecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 11:22:51 -0500
Dear Beat- What is the custom system you are putting together.  I am
putting together a new imaging facility, and like the idea of a
monochromator based system for flexibility.  I am also curious about the
CRI output tunable filter system.  Seems like you could assemble a system
where you could eliminate everything but the dichroic and with a broad one,
tune your excitation and emission interactively.  It sounds cool, but hard
to tell reality without trying it.  Anyway, I am interested in your
insights and what you are currently assembling as a system for people.  If
you ask what I want to do with it, I don't have a good answer yet.  This is
a new faciltiy, and I want as flexible technology as possible, since I
don't know exactly what will walk in the door.  I expect ratio imaging to
be an issue and standard fluorescence microscopy, but that is all I know at
this point.  Thanks- dave

> [...]
>Micromax interline camera (or the new Quantix 57 for increased
>sensitivity). I also mentioned a considerably less expensive (but
>still faster) custom-made system that we could offer.
>
>Beat
>Life Imaging Services
>
>>Dear Beat- I did not get your "earlier message" regarding combined systems.
>>I looked at the one that Barbara mentioned but don't know of others.
>>Thanks- dave
>>
>>  >"Standard" turn-key ratio imaging systems are also available from
>>  >Zeiss, Perkin-Elmer (was EG&G Wallac was LSR), Hamamatsu, and
>>  >probably others. and then, basically any system that can control an
>>  >illumination device and a camera could be used. The systems I offered
>>  >you in my previous messages have the advantage of combining some of
>>  >the advantages of filter wheel-based approaches with those of
>>  >monochromator-based ones.
>>  >
>>  >Beat
>>  >
>>  >
>>  >>Many thanks to all who replied so quickly to my inquiry.
>>  >>
>>  >>I received pointers to system by Till Photonics, Universal Imaging, and
>>  >>Photon Technology.
>>  >>
>>  >>--aryeh
>>  >>--
>>  >>Aryeh Weiss                          | email: [log in to unmask]
>>  >>Department of Electronics            | URL:
>>http://optics.jct.ac.il/~aryeh
>>  >>Jerusalem College of Technology      | phone: 972-2-6751146
>>  >>POB 16031                            | FAX:   972-2-6751275
>>  >>Jerusalem, Israel                    | ham radio: 4X1PB/KA1PB
>>  >
>>  >
>>  >LIFE IMAGING SERVICES
>>  >               - visit our web site at http://www.lis.ch
>>  >+-----------------------------------------------------------
>>  >| Dr. B. Ludin
>>  >| Life Imaging Services     fon ++41 (0)79 235 7154
>>  >| Muehletalweg 22           fax ++41 (0)860 622 963 160
>>  >| CH-4600 Olten             [log in to unmask]
>>  >| Switzerland               http://www.lis.ch
>>

>>************************************************************
>>
>>Dr. David Knecht
>>Department of Molecular and Cell Biology
>>University of Connecticut
>>75 N. Eagleville Rd.   U-125
>>Storrs, CT 06269
>>860-486-2200      860-486-4331 (fax)
>>home page: http://www.sp.uconn.edu/~mcbstaff/knecht/knecht.html
>

>LIFE IMAGING SERVICES
>               - visit our web site at http://www.lis.ch
>| Dr. B. Ludin
>| Life Imaging Services     fon ++41 (0)79 235 7154
>| Muehletalweg 22           fax ++41 (0)860 622 963 160
>| CH-4600 Olten             [log in to unmask]

Dr. David Knecht