CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2000

From:
Joachim Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 19:45:54 +0200
Keith,

we had problems in installing a PCI-Ethernetcard (3com509-III) on our
LSM PC. In the end it worked (and still works) with an ISA-card (3com
???), which I fortunately found in an old PC. I remember, there was also
some pain in installing the ISA card, mainly because we have an EISA
system and I misconfigured it, first. This could be resolved with the
appropriate configuration utility for the motherboard.
Why don't you install Windows95? Especially if you want to set up the
network, it saves a lot of problems. Your users will also like it more.
The newer versions of the LSM410 software, I think starting from version
3.91, support it. You can check by selecting file -> About LSM...
Newer versions of the software can be found at
ftp://lsm.zeiss.com/Lsm410_Updates/, but I don't know if you can upgrade
without danger and if Zeiss supports that.
We run version 3.95 on Windows 95 without problems.

Regards, Joachim

Keith Williams wrote:

> Our computer department installed a network card on our PC
> running the Zeiss lsm410 workstation. Now we are unable to get the
> system up and running. I suspect that it is probably some interrupt,
> IRQ compatibility problem. Unfortunately the system still runs on
> Win 3.11
>
> I've removed all the network drivers, but the problem still remains.
>
> The lsm hardware does initialise upon starting up the PC. The
> matrox imaging boards pass the diagnostics. Any ideas / possible
> solutions?
>
> Your input and help would be MUCH appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Keith Williams
>
> ********************************
> Keith Williams
> Diabetes Research Unit
> Medical Research Council
> South Africa
> Tel: +27 21 9380208
> Fax: +27 21 9380456
> email: [log in to unmask]
> Remember the ICEM-15 in Durban
> from 1-6 September 2002.
> http://www.icem15.com

  Joachim Walter, Dipl. Phys.
  Institut für Anthropologie und Humangenetik LMU München
  AG Cremer
  Richard-Wagner-Straße 10/I
  D-80333 München               Tel. +49 - 89-2180-6713
  Germany                       Fax               -6719