CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2003

From:
Empson R <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:52:12 +0100

Dear All

I'd like some advice if possible ...

We have a Bio Rad Radiance 2100 which we are really pleased with, we have
had it nearly two years now. In the UK unlike USA, air conditioners are not
very reliable and ours keeps breaking. Although we have a fan that ducts air
from the back of the ICU out of the room I am very concerned that the
cooling without the air conditioning will not be sufficient.

Without the air con the room goes to around 22-24 C, (with the air con it
stays around 19), 24C seems too high for safe running of the lasers so I am
concerned about their life.
We have an Argon - the one I am most worried about, and 2 diode lasers and
Green He/Ne and Red.

I am trying to get support from our Estates service to replace the unit.

Any comments would be very useful

Ruth

Dr Ruth M. Empson
Lecturer in Neuroscience
School of Biological Sciences
Royal Holloway University of London
EGHAM
Surrey
TW20 0EX

Tel 01784 414264
Digital voicemail 07092 076899
Fax 01784 434326

*       To find out more please visit the lab homepage at
http://web.rhul.ac.uk/Biological-Sciences/empson/