CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2004

From:
Perveen Biln <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 May 2004 12:48:03 -0700

You guys are so helpful, so thank you. I guess I should provide
additional information.  I'm using the zeiss LSM to image fixed cells,
I'm using a oil immersion lens and my RI match is 97% matched. I've done
a PSF, its  FWHM was close to theoritical, though I can not remember off
hand it exact value (the bead was 200nm). I will be looking at
co-localization and DO NOT want to reduce my z-resolution. Right now my
stacks are at 200nm thick (Nyquist required  250 nm) I'm scanning slowly
and line averaging, using 1 Airy disk pinhole (which I believe is the
diameter of the pinhole). I'm of the believe that you try and collect
the best confocal image before decon.