CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2012

From:
Justin Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2012 17:20:35 +1000

Hi,
My experience has been similar to Carl's, I have almost never gotten an
actual emission spectra for a solid state light source. Hence I always
measured it myself. The manufacturer just quotes a centre wavelength and
sometimes a bandwidth. Maybe I'm overly cautious but I do the same for
optical filters too, especially older coloured glass ones. IMO it is
very important to know the actual spectrum of the light source.

Regards,
Justin.