CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2008

From:
Arvydas Matiukas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:44:28 -0500
Hi all,

thanks for the suggestions: after checking/setting  chiller/baseplate
temperatures our Chameleon laser
again is stable as usual.

Actually Chameleon manual states that proper temperature settings are
important, and now based on my own experience
I can confirm that they are REALLY important. Fortunately the laser
performance has nothing
to do with crystal degradation as follows from the replies and my enquiries
to Ti:Sa laser owners.

Arvydas

>>> "G. Esteban Fernandez" <[log in to unmask]> 11/13/2008 12:56
PM >>>
We had modelock problems for some time but the laser has been very reliable
(or at least predictable) since we've been setting the chiller temp. to 27*C
at start-up.  This is higher than the what the laser should be operating at
and may give a diode overcurrent fault, so we only use that temp. for
start-up.  Once it modelocks we turn the chiller back down to 23*C.  Of
course it doesn't like the temp. change but it seems less harsh than
smashing it with your hand :)  Contact me off-list for the dirty details of
how we keep modelock without having to spend $40k.

-Esteban

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:37 PM, LANCE RODENKIRCH