CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2011

From:
Cameron Nowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jul 2011 19:16:57 +1000

Hi Steffen

For any live animal work we dilute in PBS or 0.9% saline without any problems.

Cheers

Cam

Sent from my iPhone

On 23/07/2011, at 12:58 AM, "Steffen Dietzel" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have used 1:5 ultrasound gel too in the past. The Ri is not identical to water but close enough for many applications. Just make sure you use water for dilution. With NaCl solution, somehow the gel structure breaks down and you get an aqueous liquid with a precipitate, at least with our ultrasound gel.
>
> I don't know though what the 1:5 dilution in water does to exposed tissues in terms of physiology, as opposed to superfusion with buffer. Did anybody investigate?
>
> Steffen
>

> On 22.07.2011 09:08, Cameron Nowell wrote:
>>
>> Hi Farid,
>>
>> For small volumes we use the Zeiss Immersol W. But for large scale stuff
>> like using the large 20x water objective on our multiphoton system we
>> use a 1:5 dilution of ultrasound gel (make sure you use the clear one,
>> not the blue tinted stuff).
>>

> --
> Steffen Dietzel, PD Dr. rer. nat
> Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
> Walter-Brendel-Zentrum für experimentelle Medizin (WBex)
> Head of light microscopy
>
> Mail room:
> Marchioninistr. 15, D-81377 München
>
> Building location:
> Marchioninistr. 27,  München-Großhadern

This communication is intended only for the named recipient and may contain information that is confidential, legally privileged or subject to copyright; the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research Ltd does not waive any rights if you have received this communication in error.
The views expressed in this communication are those of the sender and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research Ltd.