CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 1996

From:
"[log in to unmask]"@IMMUNBIO.MPG.DE
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 10:44:10 +0200
Newsgroups: special.confocal
Subject: Re: Leica CLSM & Network Connection?
From: [log in to unmask] (Christoph Gartmann)
Date: 30 Jul 96 10:43:48 +0100

In <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] writes:

> Hello .....
>     What king of network is it, an apple Novell, Windows ? Well what
> ever the protocol is, one easy way of doing this is to set up an FTP
> server on you LAN. After you have to pictures, you PUT them to the
> FTP server and then from you MAC you can FETCH them. ~TODD~

The problem is more or less hardware related: up to know this Leica machine
doesn't have any ethernet adapter. From what I can see the data transfer from
the Leica computer to the Windows-PC (that is directly linked to the Leica)
is done via Kermit (and is terribly slow). So in the first step I need some
additional hardware (at least that's what I believe).

The network connection then is a standard RG-58 ethernet, running TCP/IP,
AppleTalk and other protocols.

Regards,
   Christoph Gartmann

| Max-Planck-Institut fuer      Phone   : +49-761-5108-465   Fax: -221       |
| Immunbiologie                                                              |
| Postfach 1169                 Internet: [log in to unmask]           |
| D-79011  Freiburg, FRG                                                     |
+----------- Do you know MENUE, the user environment for OpenVMS? -----------+