CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2014

From:
Michal Kozubek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:51:02 +0200

We are pleased to announce that the Third Cell Tracking Challenge is now open
for registration. The results of this third edition will be presented at the
12th IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging, ISBI 2015, to be held
in Brooklyn, between April 16th and April 19th, 2015.

After two exciting editions, we believe that we have established a valuable
benchmark for the evaluation of cell tracking algorithms. The breadth of
microscopy modalities, the robustness of the metrics and the quality of the
past participants ensures the reliability of this benchmark. Therefore we would
like to encourage you to actively participate in this edition, by registering
and submitting results for the datasets that you choose.

In this edition, we will use all the datasets of the first two editions. Given
the early opening of the challenge, you will have more than five months to
produce competitive results. New to this third edition is a challenging
Drosophila Melanogaster developing embryo imaged using light-sheet microscopy.
We believe that this relevant and complex problem should be addressed by the
image processing community, due to the number of potential applications of this
and similar embryonic animal models.

For more information and registration instructions check the challenge website:
http://www.codesolorzano.com/celltrackingchallenge/Cell_Tracking_Challenge/Welcome.html

Best regards

Carlos Ortiz de Solórzano
Arrate Muñoz Barrutia
Erik Meijering
Michal Kozubek

Michal Kozubek, Ph.D.
Professor of Computer Science
Dean of Faculty of Informatics
Head of Centre for Biomedical Image Analysis
Masaryk University, Botanicka 68a, CZ-60200, Brno, Czech Republic
Tel/Fax/Ans: +420-54949-4023   E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Internet home page: http://www.fi.muni.cz/~kozubek