CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2012

From:
George McNamara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2012 00:57:11 -0400

Hi Bjorn,

Power USB may help on the power control side
http://www.pwrusb.com/featuresandbenefits.html

not clear to me if there is a login scheme - maybe it could be made to
work with the Stratocore PPMS http://stratocore.com/ppms/ suggested
previously.

George
p.s. I have not used Power USB myself.

--

George McNamara, Ph.D.
Image Core Manager

http://www.sylvester.org/AICF   (AICF home page)
PubSpectra data (XLSX file inside)
    http://www.sylvester.org/documents/PubSpectra.zip (download 2000+ spectra)
    http://works.bepress.com/gmcnamara/
PubSpectra / UA Graphing Site
     http://www.mcb.arizona.edu/ipc/fret/index.html   (Carl Boswell, now retired)
New UA Spectra Database Site
     http://www.spectra.arizona.edu/                  (Urs Utzinger)
UMiami Scholarly Repository "selected works"
     http://works.bepress.com/gmcnamara
Care to link?
     http://www.linkedin.com/in/georgemcnamara

Ready for imaging in 2012? Check out:

Miami 2012 Winter Symposium: Nanotechnology in Biomedicine
February 26-29, 2012, Miami, FL
Nature Publishing Group / University of Miami / Scripps Florida
http://www.nature.com/natureconferences/miami/mws2012/speakers.html

Association of Biomolecular Resource Facilities (ABRF)
International Symposium
March 17-20, 2012, Orlando, FL
http://conf.abrf.org/index.cfm

Biomedical Optics 2012 (OSA BIOMED) - Optical Society of America
April 29-May 2, 2012, Miami, FL
http://www.osa.org/meetings/topical_meetings/BIOMED/default.aspx

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away." - Douglas Macarthur.
"Old antibodies die, please throw them away." - GM.

“Well of course you can’t understand your data, you have too many controls” - Anna M. Wu, quoted in Andreas Markus Loening, Ph.D. dissertation, UCLA, 2006.
"If you do all the controls, you'll never publish." - GM.
"If you don't do the controls, you shouldn't publish." ... alternative: "If you don't do the controls, don't waste everyone's time in lab meeting." - GM.