CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2006

From:
Uriel TK <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 19:28:49 +0200

Hi!
Many thanks for all those who answered, I'll try your suggestions. There is
one thing I want to confirm though. It was widely suggested that I can use
the eyepiece adjustment to make the camera and me be in the same focus. But
that would be turning the idea backwards: If I understand my optics right
(and I admit I don't know enough about optics) when the eyepiece correction
is canceled (no adjustment), the camera CCD plane and the eyepiece view
should be in the same focus. Since I am myopic and I don't stand using
glasses while looking at the microscope, someone was nice enough to buy
adjustable eyepieces for me, not for the camera. If I was to use the
eyepiece adjustment for the "reverse idea", adjusting it so that they
correct for the camera's mis-focus then I'd have to use glasses, which I
don't want to, or better said, can't. So I guess I must adjust the camera
and not the eyepiece. I hope I got it right! I am sure someone will correct
me if I'm not.

Once again, thanks a lot,

Uriel.

Uriel Trahtemberg
MD/PhD student
The Laboratory for Cellular and Molecular Immunology
The Hebrew University - Hadassah Medical Organization
Jerusalem - ISRAEL

"God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates
empirically."
 Albert Einstein