CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2014

From:
Pamela Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2014 23:45:52 +0000

Thanks Kate!  Iıve found it very difficult to excite mCherry with the
MaiTai at the higher wavelengths, but actually down at 780nm, it excites
so well, that it photobleaches extremely quickly.  But yes, I think for
more stable excitation, you really need to OPO or InSight for mCherry.
Havenıt used Cy5 much so canıt comment on it.  But this is exactly why Iım
more inclined to get the OPO or InSight instead of just another Ti-Saph.
So many more options!

Dr Pamela A. Young
 | Light and Optical Microscopist
Australian Centre for Microscopy & Microanalysis

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Rm 116A, Madsen Building F09 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006 |
Australia
T +61 2 9351 7527 | F +61 2 9351 7682
E [log in to unmask] | W http://sydney.edu.au/acmm

Incorporating:
Australian Microscopy & Microanalysis Research Facility (AMMRF) | W
http://www.ammrf.org.au <http://www.ammrf.org.au/>
ARC Centre of Excellence for Design in Light Metals | W
http://www.arclightmetals.org.au <http://www.arclightmetals.org.au/>

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised
use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please
delete it and any attachments.