CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2015

From:
Gautier Papon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 2015 11:50:10 +0000

Hello Michael,

The idea, at least for Argolight, is to provide solution to measure the reliability of your systems in the conditions you will use, so that you know there is no bias added by the system. Then of course, if your protocol has inherent fluctuation in the biological part, we cannot correct for it.

Le 23 mars 2015 à 17:14, Cammer, Michael <[log in to unmask]> a écrit :

> Am I missing something?
>
> I don’t understand how you can have a standard independent of the actual experimental condition since each fluorophore behaves differently and the specific biological/chemical environment may make a difference too.
>
> Also, you need to measure the illumination at the sample independently from the intensity on the detection side.
>
> Regards,
> Michael

> Michael Cammer, Microscopy Core & Skirball Institute, NYU Langone Medical Center
>                          Cell:  914-309-3270     Temporary location:  SK2-7
>          http://ocs.med.nyu.edu/microscopy & http://microscopynotes.com/

>>> 4643-