CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2012

From:
Lloyd Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2012 08:06:37 +1200

Hi Jacqui

We have a 63x 1.2NA water, a 63x 1.4NA oil and a 63x 1.3NA glycerol objectives. I would rank them in that order in terms of image quality - the glycerol lens is the best although the oil is close behind. The water lens is not so good but that may relate to our samples which have a high refractive index and hence water is not ideal. If you want to try them out with your samples let me know - your samples are quite different from ours so could behave quite differently.

Regards - Lloyd

Dr Lloyd Donaldson
Project Leader - Microscopy & Wood Identification
Manufacturing and Biomaterials
Scion - Forests, Products, Innovation
49 Sala Street, Rotorua 3010
Ph 07 343 5581