CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2003

From:
Kevin Braeckmans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 14:02:33 +0200

Joost,

If you are using only 4% - 8% laser power for bleaching, how long is your bleaching time? Just beware that the bleaching time should not exceed 10% (maximum!) of the characteristic diffusion time, which is calculated from

R^2/(4*D)

where R is the radius of the bleached spot, and D the diffusion coefficient.

Good luck with your experiments,

Kevin