CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2014

From:
Shane van Breda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Oct 2014 10:24:25 -0500

Dear group members,

I have a very simple question that I require help with. Unfortunately our confocal expert has
been booked off for three months and I am struggling.

I am using a Zeiss LSM 510 Meta. I am viewing bacteria using a 100 x oil immersion
objective. I have stained my cells with Nile Red or Draq 7 and I am using the crop function
to get  suitable images of single cells.

I am planning to publish my work, but I have no idea how to obtain a DIC image or suitable
image that will allow me overlay my flourescent image of single cells. Is it possible to use
the crop/zoom function of the software to obtain a DIC image of the same cell at the same
magnification?

Thank you in advance