CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2000

From:
Irina Solovei <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 17:17:37 +0200
Dear all,

Coming back to the discussion about sealing of coverslips I would like to
mention two points.

(1) We use for our slides not a nail polish but other cosmetic stuff, so
called "base coat". It hardens quicker then a nail polish, it is
colourless, and does not course bleaching of GFP in fixed cells - at least
it is not a problem to scan them with CLSM.

(2) In connection to the nail polish sealing, I recall my private
discussions with microscopists about harmful effect of nailpolish on
objective lenses. Do we really risk our very expensive lenses using sealed
preps? Does anybody can comment on it?

Thanks,

Irina

===========================