CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1995

From:
Luc Simon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 1995 10:24:01 -0500
Dr. Heinz Hemken suggest that we improve the use of this list. I agree with
his suggestions, and in addition propose that the content of this list be
also mirrored in a Usenet newsgroup. This would not affect those who whish
to continue suscribing directly to the list, but would simply allow some of
us who prefer to do so to be able to benefit from the inherent advantages
of threaded newsreaders.

There are basically two ways to go about the creation of such a newsgroup:
the current maintainer of the list creates one (with the help of local
network administrator)  and advertises it, or we propose the creation of
such a newsgroup in the Bionet hierarchy. The latter implies that
administration of the list would be assumed by Bionet, and that the current
rules of bionet-newsgroup creation be followed (Proposal, vote, etc...).

DON'T VOTE ON THIS RIGHT NOW!! DON'T CLUTTER MY MAILBOX!!!

I'll wait for a response on this from the current maintainer of this list,
and keep you informed about further developments.

Regards,

Luc Simon

Coordonnateur des services scientifiques
1125 Charles-Eug=E8ne Marchand                         t=E9l.  (418) 656-549=
6
Universit=E9 Laval                                     fax.  (418) 656-7176
Sainte-Foy, Qu=E9 G1K 7P4