CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2004

From:
Gil Palchik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:00:43 -0500

We use an online network calendar created with Outlook in the public
folders system. We set up each Confocal as its own folder and users can
see sign themselves up individually. You might need to check with your
IT person but if your network is using that system to check mail and set
appointments/meetings, it might work for you. Depending on the
configuration, you can one or more people administrative rights (to
enter, approve and erase requests) and give access to individual users
(or everyone on the network) to sign up. Also you can set the system up
so that users can only enter the request but not erase or modify
anything. The system has many other features that, if you are used to
the "Microsoft environment," you can quickly learn by playing around
with it a little.

Best,

Gil

Gil Palchik

Department of Physiology and Pharmacology
Wake Forest University School of Medicine
115 S. Chestnut St., PTCRC BLDG.
Room 168
Winston Salem, NC  27103
Tel. 336-716-8537