CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 1999

From:
Paul McFadden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 14:46:56 -0800
Hello Confocals Users,

I'm trying to install an OS/2 print driver for an Epson 740 color inkjet
printer on a BIO-Rad MRC 1024 confocal system.  Sounds simple, huh?  Well
as usual it is not and the response from Bio-Rad consisted of "follow the
OS/2 User's Guide".  Gee, why didn't I think of that (I had of course...)?
I followed the OS/2 users guide to the T and right near the end of the
install when one hits the "install" button the whole system crashes, with
some message of copying file problems.  I tried removing all the print
drivers that came with the system as well as the print "objects" but the
same crash happens no matter what.  The OS/2 driver is from the IBM site
and should be good.

Has anyone installed print drivers on this system successfully?  Any hints
would be greatly appreciated...

Paul R. McFadden
Imaging Facility Supervisor
La Jolla Institute For Allergy and Immunology