CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2012

From:
Kurt Thorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2012 09:43:56 -0800

You should really have an IR blocking filter in the transmitted light
path. I suspect the IR from the halogen lamp is fooling the PFS into
thinking it's seeing the coverslip reflection when really it's just
seeing the IR from the transmitted light. At least in our scopes, Nikon
always puts an IR blocking filter in the transmitted light path to
prevent these problems.

Kurt