CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2000

From:
Robert Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 08:39:11 -0400
Yes, Christian Lohr makes an extremely important point here regarding
comparisons involving the Leica SP.  The slit diameter in front of the
detectors (NOT to be confused with the pre-detector pinholes in other
systems) is variable - a blessing (very selective in terms of wavelengths
that are allowed to reach the detector) and a bane (cuts down on total
photon flux when set at a narrow, selective setting).