CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1995

Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 1995 10:34:36 +0200
If you decide to go the NIH-Image way, you can use the following Macro
written by Wayne.

The following macro will save all the slices in a stack as individual
numbered TIFF files with a '.TIFF' extension.

macro 'Save Slices as Files';
{Saves the slices in a stack as individual files with a '.TIFF' extension.}
var
  i,stack:integer;
 begin
  stack:=PidNumber;
  for i:= 1 to nSlices do begin
     SelectPic(stack);
     SelectSlice(i);
     Duplicate(i:3,'.TIFF');
     SaveAs;
     Dispose;
  end;
end;

dd

>I believe there is a Bio-Rad PIC-TO-TIF piece of software that will do
>what you want.  It can be done with NIH-Image on the mac also.  NIH-Image
>is freeware that is available by ftp from: zippy.nimh.nih.gov
>
>Katherine Graubard
>
>On Fri, 13 Jan 1995, DAVE CARROLL wrote:
>
>> "Michal Opas asks:
>>
>> The question is:
>> Do you know of easy way of converting BioRad .PIC files to standard .TIF
>> files. The program would have to deal with multi-image .PIC files and split
>> them, if possible without asking for a new filename every time, into single
>> TIFF files.  Also, an option of performing batch jobs would be appreciated."
>>
>> Michal-
>>
>> My quick answer is that the software program "NIH Image" can import BioRad
>> PIC files and you can then save them in TIFF or PICT format. I do not know
>> about its ability to split batch files. It is shareware, but I do not know
>> of the location. You can get in touch with me and I would be happy to
>> provide you with a copy of the program.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Dave Carroll
>> Dept. of Physiology