CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2011

From:
John Oreopoulos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2011 18:08:56 -0400

Before reading Julio's response, I was going to suggest the same thing. It sounds like the dye concentration is too high and is de-quenching. As you image, some of the DiD begins to photobleach, and the self-quenching effect isn't as strong. Hence the sample appears to get brighter with time.

I have observed the same thing when using similar lipophilic probes like DiI and DiO at too high a concentration.

Try diluting your probe.

John Oreopoulos
Research Assistant
Spectral Applied Research