CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 1998

From:
Franco Pedreschi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 11:24:10 -0400
Dear Mr. Verbelen:

Thanks for your answer.  I have one doubt: I have to stain cellular
walls after frying in oil(or during frying if the Congo red is resistant
to temperature frying of oil) and you told me that Congo Red is water
soluble .  Is there incompability between the water soluble stain and
the sample covered with frying oil?
Do yo know how to prepare this fluorochrome (congo red)?
We don't have the journal "Journal of Microscopy".  I don´t know if you
can send me your paper "J-P Verbelen and D. Stickens: "In vivo
determination of
fibril orientation in plant cell walls with polarization CLSM" Journal
of
Microscopy 177, 1-6, 1995. "
Thanks a lot for your help.  Best regards
 --

MSc Franco Pedreschi
PhD Student