CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2014

From:
Josef Gotzmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2014 10:25:38 -0600

Dear Antonio,

For this purpose we use dental cement (Picodent TwinSil 22;
http://www.picodent.de/), which is not only biologically inert, though also
can be easily removed after imaging to save the sample for post-imaging
processing.

Josef

On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 15:52:37 +0000, Antonio J Pereira <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>*****
>To join, leave or search the confocal microscopy listserv, go to:
>http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=confocalmicroscopy
>*****
>

>Hi all,
>
>For some purposes in live cell imaging we assemble a chamber with a
coverslip on top of a slide.
>We use two halves of another coverslip to act as spacers.
>
>The  issue is the sealing. We've been using VALAP (a kind of wax) that we
melt and then use to seal all the way through the periphery of the  coverslip.

>It works, but it would be more convenient to have something that does not
have to be heated, and that would harden just by  contact with air.
>A bit like the nail varnish used for fixed material ... but here we need
something which is biologically inert.