CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1997

From:
Paul Goodwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 15:09:02 -0800
Two things to check out...

1) Does the "warm-table" have any metal parts between the stage and the
specimen. We have seen large changes in focus when heating a piece of
metal if the specimen is sitting on top of the metal. Is there some way to
heat from the top so that the metal is above the specimen instead of under
it.

2) Check out how the ventilation comes into the room. We had a similiar
problem even without heating and it turned out to be caused by cool air
blowing on the table from the HVAC. We jury-rigged a deflector that
prevents the cool air from hitting the table and it fixed our problem.

$0.02 worth

Paul Goodwin
Image Analysis Lab
FHCRC, Seattle, WA