CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2014

From:
Gary Laevsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2014 10:09:53 -0500

Right, they won't even work on mine off contract.

The reason I'm looking for a third party vendor is because I can't get any
documentation.

I will share if I do, Michael and Menelaos, please do the same!

Thanks!

Gary Laevsky, Ph.D.
Confocal Imaging Facility Manager
Dept. of Molecular Biology
Washington Rd.
Princeton University
Princeton, New Jersey, 08544-1014
(O) 609 258 5432
(C) 508 507 1310

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 9:53 AM, Menelaos Symeonides <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Post images on http://www.imgur.com and include the link in your posting.
> *****
>
> Hello Gary Laevsky & Michael Cammer, it is somewhat comforting (but also
> infuriating) to hear that there are more people out there unable to get GE
> to service their DeltaVision microscopes. I really do not understand their
> strategy, they are surely alienating a lot of customers. There are two of
> us here at UVM and we are both currently unserviceable according to GE. It
> would perhaps be interesting to find out how many out there are in this
> situation and maybe try to figure out a solution as a group.
>
> The most baffling aspect of this is that GE are perfectly willing to
> provide you off-contract service provided that you pay for the parts and
> labor, but when it comes to getting a contract, the microscopes are
> supposedly not serviceable due to their age. That doesn't add up.
>
> David Strachan, thank you for letting me know about IMSOL, I have sent
> them an email and will update the list if they get back to me with anything
> useful.
>
> Is anyone well-versed enough on Linux to know how to somewhat
> reverse-engineer things and find out whether I can use the softWoRx upgrade
> packages to install from scratch? It seems to me that the packages are big
> enough to contain all the software, and that there should be some way to do
> this.
>
> Mel
>

> On 11/10/2014 9:07 AM, Cammer, Michael wrote:
>
>> Would be interested to know  if anyone has been able to get GE to service
>> any DeltaVision products or to release enough information to work on them
>> yourselves.
>> Ok to reply off line or call if you prefer.
>> Thanks!

>> Michael Cammer, Microscopy Core & Skirball Institute, NYU Langone Medical
>> Center
>> Cell:  914-309-3270   note that we do not receive messages left at
>> 212-263-3208
>> http://ocs.med.nyu.edu/microscopy & http://microscopynotes.com/

>>> Fax.:  +44 (0) 1772 663 150