CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2015

From:
Michael Giacomelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2015 20:02:41 -0500

>The degree of axial confinement is independent of the power; I guess you
mean you have to overfill the objective BFP pretty hard to get good
sectioning, wasting power?

What I was thinking was that there was a loss of spatial confinement
associated with TF and so you would need more average power to get the
same peak power, but looking online, I think I was confusing the
widefield and linescan equations.

Mike