CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2012

From:
Stephen Kempf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2012 17:07:54 +0000

We've decided to go ahead and get the  laser rebuilt for our BioRad 1024 confocal system. In order to ship the laser for rebuild, I have to remove the fiber optic cable. I've removed the plate on the top of the laser that says "Do Not Open" and can see that the fiber optic cable inserts into a barrel with 4 screws that I assume are used both to hold the cable in place and also for alignment of the cable with the laser beam. So, I assume that the beam will have to be aligned with the laser end of the cable when the cable is reinstalled after the laser is rebuilt.

I am familiar with aligning the beam in the scan head, however, I have never done it at the laser end of the cable. Is this difficult? Do you need any special tools? Any information on this would be most welcome.

Thank you,

Steve