CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2003

From:
Ernst Niggli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:12:22 +0200

Hi Milton,

there is no fixed trigger delay in the Bio-Rad MRC600 (and 1000). The
delay between the arrival of an external trigger signal and the actual
start of the line scan is in fact quite variable (varies within several
100 milliseconds).

What we ended up using for synchronization of our voltage clamp setup is
the signal coming from the MRC600 to control the shutter opening. So our
software sends a trigger to the MRC600 and then waits for the shutter
opening signal, and then continues. In addition, we have a custom made
electronic device which, after the shutter-opening occurred, counts down
a user specified number of scan lines and pixels. This allows
synchronization with a given pixel and with microsecond precision, which
is rarely needed.

I hope this helps.

With best wishes

Ernst