CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2006

From:
David Knecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 14:30:14 -0500

Olympus has a new macroscope with fluorescence as well (SVX10/12),
but we haven't seen it yet.  Like the Leica (which I will probably
never see since Leica does not have any presence in the area) it is a
vertical light path and all light goes to the camera when diverted.
I have seen the Zeiss, and it is very impressive, but throwing away
half the fluorescence signal plus the parallax problem seems like a
bad idea to me. A software solution is a possible fix but will never
be as good.  I will go for the macroscope option over the stereo
option when the time comes.  Dave

Dr. David Knecht
U-3125
91 N. Eagleville Rd.