CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2007

From:
ian gibbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2007 11:24:59 +0930

That's right, Stephen.

If people are interested in a decent HEPES -buffered solution for all
sorts of isolated tissue or cell physiology, I can provide it again.
Otherwise have a look on PubMed for relevant  papers by me (Gibbins IL)
and or Judy Morris, who actually worked out the optimal solution
(Morris JL): we always (I think!) give the full recipe.

hope that helps

IAN

On Tuesday, June 5, 2007, at 10:06  AM, Stephen Cody wrote:

> Dear List,
>

> Hepes comes up every now and again. I’ve never had a problem with it,
> but heard all the stories. One thing that has been mentioned is that
> it may not be the Hepes per se causing the toxicity but rather the
> lack of bicarbonate ions. I think it was Ian Gibbins who brought that
> up on this list on18th Jun, 2004.

* * * * * * * * * * *
Prof Ian Gibbins
Anatomy & Histology