CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2008

From:
Junya HIROI <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2008 00:09:15 +0900

Christophe,

I was also looking for a fluorescent dye for 405 nm excitation, and I compared Alexa 405
with Pacific Blue.  Both dyes bleached to some extent with ProlongGold, but Pacific Blue was
absolutely brighter than Alexa 405, when compared at the same dilution.  So, I recommend
Pacific Blue, although Molecular Probes sells Pacific Blue for flow cytometry.

I found another problem on Alexa 405: it nonspecifically binds to nuclei !  I asked Molecular
Probes/Invitrogen about this problem, and they recommended me to use their blocking
solution, Image-iT FX Signal Enhancer.  It actually worked well, but Pacific Blue does not have
such a problem, so that is another reason I like Pacific Blue.

Junya

--
廣井準也