CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2010

From:
Gordon Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2010 09:49:48 -0000

Hi Craig,

Oh, my apologies, I'm inadvertently misleading the list here, sorry.

I'm part of CoolLED and I'm looking at how we improve and move forward
our illumination products.

My concern is that what we think might be acceptable in a new product
may not be acceptable to end users. My suspicion and also your 120Hz
sampling comment suggests that it quite possibly isn't and that I need
to keep the linear control. 100kHz/25% ripple at 120fps would appear to
be a brightness range around 0.025%, which should be invisible, I think.
On the other hand if the camera scans lines for whole frames, that jumps
to, say, 16% (640 lines), which is very likely intolerable.  I'm also
concerned about it in techniques like FLIM where time performance is
significant.

Thanks fro you comments.

Kind regards,
		  Gordon.