CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2010

From:
Mario Emmenlauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:25:02 +0100

Hi Tao and List,

thanks for the hint with STK, that is nice option too! STK is already
much better than MetaMorph TIFF. However, with careful analysis I found
that the amount of Metadata in the file formats is:
  MetaMorph TIFF  <  MetaMorph STK  <  MetaSeries TIFF

So, there are some attributes in "MetaSeries" format, that are lacking
in both other formats.

Luckily, MolDev support found an answer (though it took quite long, I
didn't even expect it anymore):

> It looks like there is a bug in the dialog.  When you choose MetaMorph
> TIFF or MetaSeries Single\Multi-plane TIFF   it uses whatever is set in
> the Preferences dialog.  Open the Preferences dialog (Edit menu, choose
> the Save tab, check or un-check the “Save Images Using Legacy Format”.

That works for me on MetaXpress 3.1.0.79. The dialog will still show
"MetaMorph TIFF", but will save as "MetaSeries TIFF", so all the Metadata
is there (and readable from LOCI Bio-Formats).

Hope this helps somebody sometime, all the best,

    Mario