CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2010

From:
Mario Emmenlauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2010 10:54:16 +0100

Dear Imaging List,

this is my first post to this list, if it is off-topic or has been
answered before please redirect me to the appropriate place! Thanks.

I have a strange problem with MetaXpress image metadata. When I save
images in the file format "MetaSeries Single-/Multi-Page TIFF", then
Bio-Formats can read a lot more metadata (exposure time, stage coords,
etc) then when saving as "MetaMorph TIFF" file format.

I save images in MetaXpress from a Journal, using "Sequential File Names".
But the Journal setup doesn't allow me to choose the "MetaSeries" file
format, it falls back to "MetaMorph TIFF" wheneber I click "ok"! Is that
a bug? We have a quite recent version (3.1.0.73).

I found a workaround, by editing the Journal with a text editor. When
I replace in Variable "uniqueSetupJNL.stImageType" the "4 .tif" with
"5 .tiff", then MetaXpress will save as "MetaSeries Single-/Multi-Page
TIFF" file format, and all metadata is there!

This is an ugly hack, do you have a better solution to achieve this?
Am I doing something wrong? I'm really new to high content screening
and MetaXpress :-/

All the best,

    Mario