CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2014

From:
Michael Giacomelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2014 14:37:20 -0400

Hi Paul,

I ordered some 33342, mixed with distilled water, and tried some
freshly excised tissue.  However, I am seeing very poor diffusion into
tissue.  At 1 ug/ml and 2 minutes staining, I literally only stain the
uppermost cell layer in solid tissue (although they stain very well).
I tried much higher concentration and 10 minute soaking, but it made
very little difference.  The diffusion of 33342 into live tissue seems
to be very slow as compared to DAPI.

I suppose what I really want is a cell permanent dye that also has
reasonable diffusion through extracellular space.  Too much to ask for
in the blue?  I could also look at the mid to far red, although my PMT
sensitivity isn't as good there and I'm not imaging deep enough that
reduced scattering will matter very much.

Mike