CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2015

From:
Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2015 11:24:24 -0700

Hi Mike, there's also the issue of pulse-to-pulse stability. The variations
in peak energy tend to average out when you have many pulses. My 1 MHz rep
rate system performs more evenly at 2 pulses per pixel than 1 pulse, but
the entire source is optimized for pulse-to-pulse stability. A regular
Ti:Saph laser may not have this stabilization, and at 20 or more pulses per
pixel would not need it as the effect averages out very nicely.

Craig