CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 1995

From:
Ilan Tsarfaty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 1995 17:32:56 +0300
>Hi,
>
>We are planning some experiments on the CLSM to detect phagocytosis of
>various antigens by macrophages. From immuno EM work we know app which
>cells and where to find them. The labelling is mostlty in the lysosomal
>compartement. Does anyone use fluorescent labels to label the lysosomes.
>Which one? How specific are they?
>Thanks
>
>John-Paul

>Universitaire Instelling Antwerpen (UIA)
>Lab Pathology
>2610 Wilrijk
>BELGIUM
>
>Tel: 32.3.820.25.34
>Fax: 32.3.820.22.48
>E-mail: [log in to unmask]
>
>Molecular Probes in the USA- they are in Eugene, Oregon and in Europe they
are Rijsburgerweg +31-71-233378 Leiden, the Nethrelands. They supply a
variety of lysosomal, ER, GA, and other antigen markers. Alternatively one
could label an antigen that will be ingested by the lysosomes with a
fluorescent secondary and wait for the macrophage to ingest that antigen.
You could try their Transfluospheres- Other labels that effectively label
the endocytic compartment include collidal iron and that may or not
fluoresce with 543 excitation.

Jim Resau w/ Ilan
Dr Ilan Tsarfaty
Department of human Microbiology