CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 1995

From:
Karl Bellve <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 1995 09:54:54 EST
Hi Margaret (Margaret Fransen), in <[log in to unmask]> on May 23 you said

> Regarding possible endogenous ligands for streptavidin, there was a report
> in 1994 (or 93) that streptavidin bound to integrins.  Perhaps that could
> account for some "non-specific" labelling with biotin/avidin techniques.
> Margaret Fransen, Ph.D.
> Dept. of Anatomy & Cell Biology
> SUNY Health Science Center @ Syracuse
> 750 E. Adams St. Syracuse NY 13210
> Tel: 315 464 8525
> Fax: 315 464 8535
> E-mail: [log in to unmask]

This is TRUE, also plain avidin has alot of sugar groups on its surface.
I use Neutralite Avidin from Molecular Probes. It has its sugar groups
striped.

Karl Bellve                             LLLL  L     L LLLLL  LLLL    LLLL
University of Maryland at Baltimore    L    L LL   LL   L   L    L  L    L
Dept. Of Physiology                    LLLLLL L L L L   L   L       LLLLLL
email:[log in to unmask]       L    L L  L  L   L   L   LLL L    L
www: http://wade1.ab.umd.edu/users/    L    L L     L   L   L    L  L    L
Author of MUIEmpire                    L    L L     L LLLLL  LLLL   L    L