CJ-ONLINE Archives

July 2009

CJ-ONLINE@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Classical Journal On-Line <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 2009 14:23:06 -0500
Dear Subscribers,

We are delighted to announce the expansion of access to the CJ-Online
list-serv to all CAMWS members. CAMWS members also receive a hard copy of
the Classical Journal as a benefit of membership. Non-CAMWS members may
subscribe to CJ-Online at no cost, but do not receive a hard copy of the
journal. You may add or remove your name from our list at any time by
following the instructions at the bottom of this page (or at the bottom of
any message from CJ-Online).

CJ-Online publishes a list of Books Received each month; the next email you
receive from us will be the July 2009 list. Books are available to
qualified reviewers upon request. For a complete description of CJ-Online
review policies, and the email address of the Book Review editor, see the
journal's website at: http://classicaljournal.org/available.php#guidelines

Reviews should generally be returned within three months of receipt of a
book. Some books on the list may be requested by more than one individual,
while others (particularly those not primarily concerned with the ancient
Mediterranean world) may not be reviewed at all. Books of primarily
pedagogical interest are published as CJ-Online Forum Reviews, which are
handled by the Forum editor, and for which reviewer guidelines are somewhat
different: http://classicaljournal.org/forumavailable.php#guidelines

CJ-Online reviews are published online generally within a few weeks of
submission and editing of electronic copy. Although some reviews are also
published in the hard copy of the journal, many are CJ-Online exclusives. A
complete collection of CJ-Online reviews from 2007 forward (including an
Author and Reviewer Index), together with information for proper citation,
is archived at the website: http://classicaljournal.org/reviews.php

All CJ-Online reviews are edited before publication for style and content.
We publish exclusively in English but welcome contributions from
international reviewers. We do not publish responses under normal
circumstances, out of a conviction that these generally generate more heat
than light.

In addition to book reviews, CJ-Online publishes a limited number of
professional announcements and notices. Please contact the editor for
requests of this sort.

We are happy to have you with us as readers and, we hope, as reviewers as
well.

S. Douglas Olson, Editor

Charles McNelis, Book Review Editor

Emily West, Forum Editor and Forum Review Editor

You may remove yourself from the CJ–Online list–serv by sending an
email to: [log in to unmask]
Leave the subject line blank, and in the first line of the message write:
UNSUBSCRIBE CJ-Online