CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2024

From:
Arnaud ROYON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2024 16:28:58 +0200
To join or leave the confocal microscopy listserv or to change your email address, go to:
https://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=confocalmicroscopy&A=1

Dear Emmanuel,

The description of your issue (/"the GFP channel image is about 1 to 2
pixels larger than the RFP image in every corner"/) suggests that it
origins from lateral chromatic aberration, which can be seen as a
dependence of the magnification of your system with wavelength
(emphasized in the corners), rather than from misalignment between your
two cameras.

Either way, I agree with Ian: tuning the hardware perfectly is
impossible. However, improvements can be obtained via software image
processing. The correction of co-registration inaccuracies, either
between two cameras or two colors, can be achieved using suitable
quality control solutions.

Argolight provides such solutions. In particular, a fluorescence pattern
called "field of rings" allows to measure the "lateral co-registration
inaccuracy" of fluorescence microscopes within the entire field of view
and provides linear transformation parameters to correct for it.
Protocols and guidelines can be found in the related documentation:
https://argolight.notion.site/Lateral-co-registration-accuracy-f20381d9231144d7b8e07827f3ac1de0

Hope this helps,
Best regards,
Arnaud