WEBSTANDARDS Archives

August 2013

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Megan Dushin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2013 10:47:52 -0500
I've used UMConnect for remote user testing. On their end, they'll need a
USB headset w/ mic if you want to record the audio w/ video (or I think you
can pay for a phone conferencing line to be hooked in so the recording can
capture both). If no audio (synced w/ video) recording is needed, regular
phone line should work fine.

As I recall, you invite them into the room, then promote them to a
presenter so they can do screen and/or app share. They may need a plug-in,
esp. if doing screen share, and who knows, that may require an admin
password.

Megan